Should I use Ping Services?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The word Ping comes from the sound the sonar in a submarine use to map the surroundings in the water. The sub sends out a Ping in the water like dolphins and bats and they listen to how the echo returns.

This echo is mapped on a monitor and shows the reflections from the Ping and creates an image of how the surroundings are.

The program PING (Packet InterNet Groper) is a computer network utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network. The original implementation of PING was written by Mike Muuss in December 1983 while he was working at the Ballistic Research Laboratory (BRL) at the US Army Research Laboratory (ARL). Muuss developed PING to help him debug issues with networked systems, and it quickly became a widely-used tool for network administrators and other IT professionals. PING has since been implemented on a wide variety of operating systems, and has become a standard tool for network troubleshooting and diagnostics. And of course he named it after the submarine sonar sound becuse it does the same thing.

How does Ping work in WordPress?

Should I use Ping Services in my WordPress site?
The word Ping comes from the sound the sonar in a submarine use to map the surroundings in the water. The sub sends out a Ping in the water like dolphins and bats and they listen to how the echo returns.

This echo is mapped on a monitor and shows the reflections from the Ping and creates an image of how the surroundings are.

The program PING (Packet InterNet Groper) is a computer network utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network. The original implementation of PING was written by Mike Muuss in December 1983 while he was working at the Ballistic Research Laboratory (BRL) at the US Army Research Laboratory (ARL). Muuss developed PING to help him debug issues with networked systems, and it quickly became a widely-used tool for network administrators and other IT professionals. PING has since been implemented on a wide variety of operating systems, and has become a standard tool for network troubleshooting and diagnostics. And of course he named it after the submarine sonar sound becuse it does the same thing.

How does Ping work in WordPress?

Should I use Ping Services in my WordPress site?

Messages In This Thread
Should I use Ping Services? - by PassionBlogist - 03-19-2023, 01:25 AM