Server location affect SEO?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am setting up my website now and my friend told me to consider Singapore server rather than US server.
He told me that Singapore server is better for SEO.

Is that true? Does Google consider server location as a part of SEO?
I am setting up my website now and my friend told me to consider Singapore server rather than US server.
He told me that Singapore server is better for SEO.

Is that true? Does Google consider server location as a part of SEO?
I don't think (but I don't know) Google consider server locations as such. But your customers will! A server close to your customers will load faster than a server on the other side of the planet. But hosting companies use different hardware and different setup so it is worth to test the differense between these servers.

But Google on the other hand is able to 'see' where your customers come from and where your server is located so in theory they could consider user experience as bad if the electrons has a long way to go...
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
I don't think (but I don't know) Google consider server locations as such. But your customers will! A server close to your customers will load faster than a server on the other side of the planet. But hosting companies use different hardware and different setup so it is worth to test the differense between these servers.

But Google on the other hand is able to 'see' where your customers come from and where your server is located so in theory they could consider user experience as bad if the electrons has a long way to go...
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization