Thin Content Manager

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im running some datingsites and I noticed shortly after the launch that The sites were penalized by Google. I got a note/warning in Google Webmaster tools saying that a significant percentage of the pages are low quality, thin content, afilliate pages,cookie-cutter-websites, doorway-pages, automatically generated content or duplicate content.

I am using WordPress and WP-Dating.

WP-Dating does not have the possibility to noindex, nofollow memberpages - which of course arn NOT public, but instead the user (in this case Google) who is not signed up and logged in only gets a signup page. This means that 2000 user profile URLs leads to the same registration page - and this is thin content! 2000 similar pages is BAD for Google rankings. Seriously bad. The sites showed up in google (on our keywords) on pages 8-10 !!!

The whole site is hurt by thin content!

So I found this WordPress Plugin: Thin Content Manager. It doesn't seem to be supported any more - BUT it still works!

If any body knows another solution Im all ears.
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
Im running some datingsites and I noticed shortly after the launch that The sites were penalized by Google. I got a note/warning in Google Webmaster tools saying that a significant percentage of the pages are low quality, thin content, afilliate pages,cookie-cutter-websites, doorway-pages, automatically generated content or duplicate content.

I am using WordPress and WP-Dating.

WP-Dating does not have the possibility to noindex, nofollow memberpages - which of course arn NOT public, but instead the user (in this case Google) who is not signed up and logged in only gets a signup page. This means that 2000 user profile URLs leads to the same registration page - and this is thin content! 2000 similar pages is BAD for Google rankings. Seriously bad. The sites showed up in google (on our keywords) on pages 8-10 !!!

The whole site is hurt by thin content!

So I found this WordPress Plugin: Thin Content Manager. It doesn't seem to be supported any more - BUT it still works!

If any body knows another solution Im all ears.
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization