Wordpress hackers on the rise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be sure to protect your site as much as you can. There are plenty of script kiddies who are hacking them lately.
Be sure to protect your site as much as you can. There are plenty of script kiddies who are hacking them lately.
Oh yikes. I had no idea. Why is it that people try to hurt other people in this way? If someone has the ability to hack and cheat someone, couldn't they use those skills for good and actually make a site of their own? Or do something tech savvy that isn't something illegal. Sorry for my venting, it just sickens me that people do this stuff.
Oh yikes. I had no idea. Why is it that people try to hurt other people in this way? If someone has the ability to hack and cheat someone, couldn't they use those skills for good and actually make a site of their own? Or do something tech savvy that isn't something illegal. Sorry for my venting, it just sickens me that people do this stuff.
(02-07-2014, 04:06 PM)Davey Wrote: Oh yikes. I had no idea. Why is it that people try to hurt other people in this way? If someone has the ability to hack and cheat someone, couldn't they use those skills for good and actually make a site of their own? Or do something tech savvy that isn't something illegal. Sorry for my venting, it just sickens me that people do this stuff.

Feel exactly the same. i HATE those bastards! That said I havent had any WordPress site hacked yet. Earlier I used Joomla and I frequently got hacked, but every time a Joomla site got hacked I converted it to WordPress.
(02-07-2014, 04:06 PM)Davey Wrote: Oh yikes. I had no idea. Why is it that people try to hurt other people in this way? If someone has the ability to hack and cheat someone, couldn't they use those skills for good and actually make a site of their own? Or do something tech savvy that isn't something illegal. Sorry for my venting, it just sickens me that people do this stuff.

Feel exactly the same. i HATE those bastards! That said I havent had any WordPress site hacked yet. Earlier I used Joomla and I frequently got hacked, but every time a Joomla site got hacked I converted it to WordPress.
Yeah hacking is done a lot these days. On average, I bet it's like 1 in 5 site owners get hacked at some point in their lives. That's just a number I threw out there, but it's probably partly true.
Yeah hacking is done a lot these days. On average, I bet it's like 1 in 5 site owners get hacked at some point in their lives. That's just a number I threw out there, but it's probably partly true.